LDS Family Fun
HomeFHE SupportChurch SupportDownloadsForumReferal Gift
fhe1.htm

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What A GREAT Site!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LDSFamilyFun.com Forum Index -> Visit with Margie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mykids

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: What A GREAT Site!!! Reply with quote

I would just like to say that I absolutely LOVE this site! I came across it by accident, now I have it as a top favorite of mine! Very Happy

I love the fact that we are able to copy from the activity books from the living scriptures. Our family is familiar with the living scriptures films, and the characters in these activity books, which makes it nice for the kids.
I love that the FHE lessons contain everything you need for a great lesson.

It's my eight year olds turn for the lesson, which she wants to talk about Joseph Smith for part of her Faith in God. I thought we'd be searching all over for color pages or pictures to use for the younger kids, but we've found EVERYTHING here! It's so well put together she will have no problem at all. Being a full time stay at home mom of 4 is tough. Trying to find time to put lessons together is even tougher. This site has made my day, I'm just so excited Laughing !!!

Thank you so much for all the work put into these lessons and especially for this site. I am positive I will use it and recommend it again and again.

It's wonderful when you find a place like this one!!!!
~Mandi
Margie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What a Great Site Reply with quote

Thank you for your support.

As a mother of five, I understand how overwhelming, yet rewarding, the demands of motherhood are. I am so pleased to hear that our FHE lessons are saving you precious time in this fast paced world.

You must be so pleased that your precious 8-year-old is working towards achieving her Faith in God award. I am anxious to hear how her lesson on Joseph Smith turns out.

Let me know if you and your family have any other special needs or suggestions for future lessons.

Margie

Last edited by Margie on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
SUNNYDBURKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Awesome Website Reply with quote

Well done! I am so pleased to see such a wonderful web full of resources for our families. I have informed everyone on my email address book of this website. Thank you for a job well done, I know the Lord is pleased.
Margie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome Website Reply with quote

It's so rewarding to hear that we are helping families with our website content! Thank you for the recommendation!

I loved visiting the church sites in Missouri when we were filming the Modern Prophet and the Docudrama of the Restoration videos. What part of the state is Alton located. We would love for you to share a little bit about your branch/ward/stake that you attend there and if there is anything more we can do to help the members in your area?

Margie
SUNNYDBURKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Lil' Alton Reply with quote

Alton is a small town of 676 people. Mostly farming, my husband is a chiropractor so we are just "doc and diane". We have an 11 acre farm 6.5 outside of town. We have cows, chickens, ducks, geese, pigs, peacocks and about 15 exotic birds. (macaws, etc.) Oh, who could forget the dogs? We have a dobie called Chato, she protects the farm by licking people to death and of course, Lizzee and Pugzlee, our shih tzu babies. They are just a hoot to watch.
We attend a little branch in Winona, MO. It is located about 27 miles north of Alton. Most of our members travel a distance to attend church. We are 4.5 hours away from the closest temple. Visiting teaching can be a challenge, sometimes traveling over 100 miles to reach your sisters. At one time I was YW Pres., Stake Asst. Camp Director and Seminary Teacher. Whew! Finally others moved in our area and now I am happily teaching Seminary. We meet in a modular and we are so excited that we are averaging 60 people a week because we just submitted our names for a building! We meet in the chapel on fold up chairs and enjoy a sprirtuality I have never known all my 40 years in the church. We have zero return missionaries! We are ALL converts. It is exciting because we are about to send a missionary out into the field. We are like a villiage, this new missioanry belongs to all of us. We are all awaiting the temple trip to share in his receiving his first endowment.
I could go on forever! I love it here, I love sharing the gospel, the field is ripe and people just want to know if I believe in Jesus Christ! No brainer there, just bear your testimony and the truthfulness of the gospel shines through. Lovin' LIfe...Lovin' the gospel
Sunny D~
Margie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lil' Alton Reply with quote

Sunny D~
Thank you for the “Conference Bingo” idea. What a great way to help children listen and learn from our church leaders. My sister has a family genealogy version of Bingo that we play at Thanksgiving and the grandkids love it. I’ll work on an Animated Scripture version. I think it will be a great FHE activity.

Alton sounds like a wonderful place to live. As visiting teachers in Utah, I think we sometimes forget how spoiled we are with the sisters we visit within walking distance. You are truly an inspiration to us all to do better!

I’m so excited for your branch, sending out your first full time missionary, but I know he isn’t your first missionary. Keep up the great work of sharing the gospel! I pray that “your missionary” will have great success in the mission field. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if every young man & woman serving missions had the support “your missionary” does?

Enjoy conference weekend!
Margie
imafishtank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited about this site. Now I can let my kids color in the coloring books. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LDSFamilyFun.com Forum Index -> Visit with Margie All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: